Leah leads the marketing team by helping to build the marketing and communication strategy, coordinating marketing events, and supporting other internal teams.
Leah began in the wine industry as an assistant manager at a tasting room, but wanted to move into design. After completing a web design degree, she held a graphic design role at a startup company. While working with Joel on a local college advisory board, Leah was hired as an interactive designer at Luminous, Parking Boss’s parent company. As Parking Boss grew, she transitioned from web design into marketing.
Best thing about my job:
Not only do I enjoy working with such a great team, but I’m motivated by what we’re doing. It’s not just about making parking better, it’s about providing a better experience for people and making something that’s difficult easier for them.
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Best movie/show ever: My favorite movie(s) are the Lord of The Rings (I saw the first one 10 times in theater as a teenager). Favorite tv show...I found The OA really fascinating and well written. And the Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, and Sherlock. I need to catch up on Game of Thrones. That’s definitely more than one.
- My favorite food: Kafe Neo! It’s delicious Greek/American food.
- I love to visit: I’ve only been up and down the West coast from Canada to Mexico, but I’m a true PNW girl. Washington will always be home. I love visiting the San Juan Islands the most. We spent a lot of Summers there when I was young, so they hold a special nostalgia for me.
- I root for: Gandalf. That counts, right?
- Best concert attended: I enjoy going to shows, so this is a tough one. My favorite is tied between two: an MxPx show at El Corazon in Seattle (2004) and the Crywolf concert I saw in Portland, OR.
- Favorite TV show as kid: We watched a lot of WB and Ace Acme cartoons as kids on Saturday mornings. One of my favorite childhood movies was this strange animated movie called “Samson and Sally, Song of the Whales”. I watched it obsessively.
- I’d like to meet (living or dead): C.S. Lewis. His philosophies and perspectives are incredibly interesting. I would love to sit in on a conversation between him and the other Inklings like Tolkien.
- Four-legged friend: I’m a cat person. We have two cats, Scarlet and Pippin.
- When not working, I enjoy: Creative outlets; drawing, reading, and cosplay. The last few years I’ve been attending Emerald City Comicon with my son, and it’s fun to plan and create costumes together.
- Favorite Giphy: “Deal with it”...